Frequently Asked Question
What is business coaching?
Small business owners need to make big things happen with limited resources.Business coaching is about leveraging what is already at hand: the strengths of the owner and the company. Both are unique, like fingerprints and there is profit in nuance.
We focus on :
- Crystalizing your aspirations and challenges.
- Writing a practical, easy-to- remember 1-page, 3-year business plan.
- Prioritizing goals and tasks.
- Increasing accountability without bird dogging.
- Driving a positive, inspiring energy level even in the face of tough circumstances.
- Handling behaviors or mindset that get in our own way.
What is the difference between coaching and consulting?
A business coach runs alongside you to get the most out of what you have. It’s like race car driving. You know where the finish line is, but you need to course correct. A coach has insight you might not have at the moment. Consulting is more project based where there is a start, finish and specific outcome. Consulting outcomes tend to add new people and/or new expenses. Execution is most often left to you. Coaching is about leveraging what is there and focusing on execution, getting things done, while adding minimal new expenses if at all.
Does FounderCEOs offer coaching, consulting or both?
We offer business coaching. At appropriate times, I will brainstorm with you, offering keen insights from years of experience with other CEOs and business owners as well as my own path as an entrepreneur.
What results have other owners had with coaching?
Although not an all-encompassing list, our clients have achieved such things as reaching to a 3-year revenue goal in 8 months, 17% increase in gross profit in less than 6 months, and achieving 38% of a 3-year sales goal in less than a year of coaching.
How will business coaching work?
First we seek traction to gain momentum. To do that, clients meet at least twice a month with me for an hour. They also participate in virtual coaching as needed between via text, email or phone. Every 90 days clients gather for group laser coaching to focus on the next quarter initiatives.
Why hire a business coach?
Top athletes, CEOs and other leaders typically hire coaches to get more out of what they are doing now. They know their specialty, yet they can get more out of themselves and their work by having a coach, a thinking partner by their side. Coaching is about adding more insight and experience to your path as an owner.
What are the issues new clients are facing when they hire a business coach?
It varies. Here is a short list of key issues:
- Catch up with high growth and scale to ensure great service.
- Increase sales while also gaining better customers.
- Improve AR.
- Hire better people.
- Retain and inspire good performance.
- Balance life and business.
- Expand business or shrink it.
- Retire in the coming years.
- Gain accountability.
How long does it take?
Client aspirations and challenges vary greatly, yet nothing strategic happens in a few weeks or even months. Most clients engage in coaching for at least six months and even longer as more momentum builds up and new opportunities for growth arise.
How much does it cost?
Investing in coaching does not have to break the bank. Depending on the scope of your coaching needs, a program will be defined for you. Our coaching is month-to- month so you are not tied into a time frame. Our fees are highly competitive so clients can stay in coaching for as long as they need or want. We offer a complimentary 45-minute consult for business owners. Click here to access yours.
What has caused the tremendous growth in the coaching industry?
According to ICF, coaching has grown significantly for many reasons, among them:
- Rapid changes are taking place in the external business environment.
- Companies can no longer achieve results using traditional management approaches.
- With the growing shortage of talented employees in certain industries, companies must commit to investing in individuals’ development.
- The disparity between what managers were trained to do and what their jobs now require of them is widening due to increasing demands for competitive results.
- Companies must develop inclusive, collaborative work environments to achieve strategic business goals and to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Individuals who have experienced the excellent results of coaching are talking to more people about it.
- People today are more open to the idea of being in charge of their own lives. Coaching helps them do just that.
In short, coaching helps individuals and companies focus on what matters most in life and business, and so the industry continues to grow. – International Coaching Federation
Do I get customized coaching or “coaching in a box?
One size does not fit all when it comes to owners and their businesses. Although templates and training modules can be helpful, the real power comes from nuance. Each owner and business is like a finger print. Leveraging strengths and advantages gives a powerful leg up in the market place.